• Indians Game & Kids fun day at Progressive Field
• Fire Station Tours
• Indoor Snowball Fight
• Nature Center & Animal Encounter
• The Little Gym
• The Children's Museum of Cleveland
• Great Lakes Science Center
• Private Breakfast with Santa
• Private Egg Hunt & Bunny Breakfast & many more!
PECPTA holds monthly outings planned by our outings coordinators for members and their families at a discount. Tickets and spots for outings are FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. You may not sign up for an outing with the intention to pay later. All outings are *PAY TO PLAY*, meaning you must pay when you sign up for spots or tickets to an event.
We also have free & pay your own way playgroups that are planned throughout the month by our Playgroups Chair & members.
Playgroups are events planned by our members and Playgroups Chair. Playgroups are pay your own way events and are not subsidized by PECPTA in any way. These events are usually during the weekdays while our outings are typically on weekends.
The playgroups chair will plan 1 playgroup a month for our group. In addition to those events, playgroup events can be planned by ANY MEMBER! They can be splash pad visits, walks at the Metroparks, a library story time or even getting together at a park.
It is important to the Parma Early Childhood PTA to give back to our community. Teaching our children to help others is a cornerstone of the PECPTA.
Community service events we have participated in are:
• Meals on Wheels
• Canned Food Drives
• Thanksgiving Meal Donations
• Adopt A Family for the holidays
• Adopt a floor at Cleveland Clinic
• Card collection for St. Jude's Ranch
• Dress For Success Cleveland
• Cards for the troops
• Pop Tops for Ronald McDonald House
• Box Tops for Education donated to a local school
• PECPTA Sarah Kyker Scholarship
• Events at nursing homes
• Walking adoptable dogs
• Adopting a cage at the animal shelter
Q. How do I pay for Outings?
A. You can pay for Outings via paypal or cash at a meeting. Your spot will not be held until payment is made, so paypal is preferred.
Q. How do I sign up for outings?
A. Every outing is posted as an event on our private Facebook page.
1. Comment on the event page that you want to attend the outing
2. Specify in that comment how many children & adults are coming with you
3. Clarify your payment & comment paid. (If you would like to pay via paypal or pay cash a meeting. Spots are not confirmed until payment is made. )
Q. What if I signed up for an outing and can't attend?
A. There are no refunds OR exchanges on missed outings.
Q. If I sign up for an outing and can't attend, can I put that money towards another outing?
A. Most outings are pre-paid by PECPTA and require head counts to the places we visit. We cannot exchange payments from one outing to another.
Q. Can someone take my place if I cannot attend an outing?
A. Yes, but you will be responsible for all logistics and payments. PECPTA will not be involved in any switching
Q. How many outings are there a month?
A. There are at least two outings every month
Q. What is the typical PECPTA discount like for events?
A. PECPTA generally covers half of the cost of an event per person.